We are spending far more time in our homes these days which means it is all the more important to make sure that your home’s air conditioner is running well. You don’t want to be stuck sweating at home for days on end.
When your AC system starts struggling though, it is important to remember that the unit itself isn’t always the cause of the problem. Sometimes the issue may lie in a thermostat that is giving up the ghost and needs to be replaced.
If your thermostat is on its way out, it is the perfect time to consider the benefits of a programmable thermostat in Fort Lauderdale as a replacement!
Do I Need to Replace My Thermostat?
Let’s start here first. After all, you don’t want to replace a thermostat that still has plenty of life left. Here are some signs that you should consider a new thermostat in the near future:
- Your AC has a delayed response: When you turn on your thermostat and set a temperature, your system should respond quickly. If the response is delayed or there is no response at all, it is likely there is a problem with the thermostat causing the issue.
- Your system shuts off too soon or won’t shut off at all: A miscalibrated or malfunctioning thermostat will cause issues for your comfort because it won’t know how long to run for. It may force your AC to short cycle or run for far too long, which will reduce your comfort and can harm your cooling unit.
- Inaccurate temperatures: Your thermostat may be having trouble getting an accurate temperature reading in your home, leading to problems with running your AC system.
If you noticed any of these issues, or your thermostat has simply stopped responding to you altogether, it is likely that the time has come for a replacement.
Why Consider a Programmable Thermostat
So if you need a new thermostat, why should you consider a programmable one? There are actually a host of benefits to installing a programmable thermostat in your home. We’ve listed them here for you to help you determine if this type of thermostat is the best fit for you.
- Accurate home temperatures. Modern programmable thermostats are much better at providing more accurate temperatures within your home meaning improved comfort for you.
- Cost efficiency. With a programmable thermostat, you’ll enjoy better HVAC operation which translates to lower bills.
- Improved energy efficiency. A programmable thermostat can help your AC run much more efficiently than it would have otherwise.
- Optimized control. By programming times for certain temperature settings, you’ll enjoy less time spent adjusting your thermostat.
- Easy programming. Programmable thermostats are easy to use and easy to program meaning everyone in the house will be able to work with it.
If you need to upgrade your thermostat, it is a great idea to consider opting for a programmable thermostat to improve your home comfort and efficiency. The thing to remember is that you should only let a professional technician install this system, rather than trying to DIY it or let an amateur try their hand. Doing otherwise could cost you far more in the end.
Reach out to Envirotech Air Quality Services to get the job done.