“Out of sight, out of mind.”
This phrase is all too true when it comes to the ductwork in homes all around Florida. As long as the cool air is flowing, most people don’t think about the network that is hidden within their walls and attic to get that air to where it needs to go–at least they don’t until it stops doing its job.
Your ductwork may not be visible all the time but the difference that it makes to your life is huge so taking care of that network is actually pretty important. The question you may be asking now is what exactly you are supposed to do to help your ducts?
We can help you answer that question and provide the services you need to keep your ducts in working order and your home cool and comfortable.
What’s Wrong With Your Ducts?
First and foremost, you should be able to understand what might be going on with your ductwork so you know what needs to be done to get it back into good shape. There are a few issues that your ducts can encounter over time that will usually be characterized by reduced airflow:
- Build-up of debris: Over time, dirt and dust can get into your ducts and start to pile up. This can impact the airflow into and out of your HVAC systems and lower your IAQ.
- Air leaks: Ducts can spring leaks that allow conditioned air to escape into the walls and crawlspaces of your home, wasting energy and reducing your comfort.
- Breaks and disconnects: Tears, breaks, and disconnects in your ducts are major openings that will allow all the air your comfort systems produce to escape before it reaches you.
- Bad sizing: Ducts that are improperly sized will reduce the comfort in your home and can harm your AC and heater over time.
Duct Services That Make a Difference
If any of the issues above sound like they could be a problem you are facing, you should get the issue addressed sooner than later. That is what we are here for! These are some of our duct services in Boca Raton that can help your ducts and improve your comfort.
- Duct cleaning: Duct cleaning involves a professional technician using expert tools to get rid of the dirty build-up in your ductwork so your conditioned air comes out clean and strong.
- Duct sealing: Sealing uses a specialized tape (not duct tape, don’t be fooled by the name) to seal up any air leaks in your ductwork.
- Duct repair or replacement: Duct repair will allow our techs to assess and repair any large breaks, tears or disconnects in your ductwork. If your ducts are overly damaged or improperly sized though, we will suggest duct replacement.
Your comfort is important and taking care of your ducts is vital to keeping your home comfortable all year long. The next time you are having trouble with the airflow from your HVAC system, remember that your ducts may be trying to tell you they need help!
Contact Envirotech Air Quality Services to schedule your services.