The ductwork in your HVAC system plays a very important role in your comfort. Maintaining your ductwork with scheduled cleaning is as important as maintaining the other parts of your HVAC system. Plus, there are several important benefits to scheduling duct cleaning in Lake Worth. Hiring professionals is always best when it comes to any kind of maintenance or repair of your HVAC system, so call the people you can trust: Envirotech Air Quality Services.
What Happens During a Professional Duct Cleaning Appointment?
Here is a general overview of what happens during a routine duct cleaning appointment:
- Thorough inspection of your system
- Ductwork is opened at various access points
- The first major vacuum is performed
- Second inspection of system
- Smaller, harder-to-reach areas are vacuumed and cleaned
- Any sticking debris will be removed with brushes and pneumatic tools
- Final inspection is performed to ensure all the ductwork has been thoroughly cleaned
- Access ports are closed
- All vacuumed contaminants will be removed from home
When Should Ducts Be Cleaned?
The recommended frequency for cleaning your ductwork is every 3-5 years, unless you have pets and/or smokers in your home. In those cases, it’s recommended that you schedule professional duct cleaning every 2-3 years.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Duct Cleaning?
Duct cleaning can benefit you, your home and your system in the following ways:
- Better energy efficiency – significant buildup in your ductwork can restrict air flow. Restricted air flow forces your system to work harder, and any time your system has to work harder, it uses more energy. By removing the dirt and dust buildup with a professional cleaning, you can help increase your system’s efficiency.
- Improved indoor air quality – dirt and dust in your ductwork can enter directly into your living space, which can be problematic, especially for any allergy sufferers in your home. Removing dirt and dust with a professional cleaning can help to significantly improve your indoor air quality.
- Less strain on your system – an HVAC system that has to fight the effects of dirt and dust in the ductwork over a period of years operates with a significant level of stress, which can cause wear and tear, malfunction and breakdown. You can help reduce this wear and tear with professional duct cleaning.
When was the last time you had a professional duct cleaning in Lake Worth? If it’s been more than 5 years, call Envirotech Air Quality Services today.