There are several home systems that you rely on in your day-to-day. That said, aside from your plumbing systems, the air conditioner in your home would probably be one of the most important. Imagine trying to make it throughout the year without any chance of getting cool air.
Temperatures in our area are in a more manageable range at this point so we may not need to use our air conditioners every day. This makes now one of the best times to give your system a good hard look and ask whether or not it will make it through another year.
5 Indicators You Need a New Air Conditioner
First things first, how can you tell if or when your AC unit is ready to retire? Take note of any of these warning signs, and then reach out to us for confirmation.
- Your system is close to or over 15 years old
- The AC can’t produce cold air anymore
- You need frequent and increasingly expensive repairs
- Your energy bills are always high
What To Consider When Choosing a System
If you need a new system for air conditioning in Lake Worth, FL then you should know a bit about what you are looking for. Here are some of the key factors you will need to take into account when making a decision on what your next AC will be.
- Consider the details of your home. How big is your home? How many doors and windows are there in the house? How well is your home sealed? These are all factors that will inform how powerful your next AC needs to be.
- How much space do you have? This is about the physical space that your next system will take up. If you would like to get a smaller AC unit, that’s great! If you want to get a larger one, make sure you have room for it. Also, the physical size of a unit doesn’t correlate to its cooling power.
- Do you have good ductwork? Ductwork is mandatory for an air conditioner unless you opt for a ductless option. If you choose a ducted AC, make sure to check that your ducts are in good enough condition to support it.
- Do you need custom options? Some AC systems use air handlers that can be run individually in the home, allowing for customized comfort. If you are looking for an AC that offers this, make sure to talk to your technician about it.
At the end of the day, choosing a new air conditioner can be a tougher decision than some people might expect. That is why it is a great idea to work with someone who understands all the ins and outs of an AC replacement, like the experts on our team.
When you work with one of our technicians you can rest assured they will take every factor into consideration to pair you with the best possible AC unit. We can even help you upgrade your thermostat too!
Get started today. Contact Envirotech Air Quality Services.