The cooler season of fall may be a few weeks away, but it will come, and we will finally be able to turn down, or even turn off, our air conditioning in Florida. Not only does the fall give your AC a break, it also provides a great opportunity to schedule maintenance. In fact, the two best seasons to schedule air conditioning maintenance in Wellington are spring and fall. If we haven’t seen you for maintenance yet this year, call Envirotech Air Quality Services and schedule an appointment with one of our experts.
Benefits of Scheduling Fall Maintenance
Maintenance is important for several reasons:
- Prevents repairs – during a routine maintenance visit, your air conditioning system is thoroughly inspected. This allows for two things: first, small problems, like lack of lubrication or a worn fan belt, are found and fixed. Second, bigger problems, like refrigerant leaks, are detected. This can save you both time and money in the long run.
- Maintains and/or increases energy efficiency – Energy.gov estimates that for every year your AC is not maintained, it loses 5% of its energy efficiency. Conversely, when you schedule yearly maintenance, you retain 95% of your AC’s original efficiency.
- Keeps your AC clean – cleaning is a part of a routine maintenance appointment. The coils are cleaned, debris is removed and dirty air filters are changed.
- Extends life of equipment – when your air conditioner runs under stress for a long period of time due to malfunctioning parts, premature aging can occur. Regular maintenance keeps your AC in good working order, which can help extend the life of the equipment.
What Happens During a Routine Maintenance Appointment?
Here is a general overview of what happens during a typical maintenance appointment:
- Check of the thermostat
- Check of electrical components
- Lubrication of moving parts
- Inspect the condensate array
- Check system cycling
- Inspect and clean evaporator and condenser coils
- Check and adjust the refrigerant level of your central air conditioner
- Check all fans
Scheduling air conditioning maintenance for your Wellington property can increase your energy efficiency and help your AC to run optimally. Fall is a great time to schedule an appointment, so call Envirotech Air Quality Services today.