Indoor Air Quality
Commercial HVAC & Refrigeration
- View Our Projects
- Ask the Experts
Save Money & Energy This Summer
Summer heat is tough on air conditioning units, but cooling your home doesn’t have to break the bank. Keep your energy costs under control by following these simple tips:
- Cool your home at 78° F or warmer with the thermostat fan switch on “auto.” For additional savings, raise the thermostat to 82° F while you’re away.
- Use a fan to keep cool so you can raise your thermostat even higher. But, remember to turn the fan off when you leave the room.
- Close the shades, blinds and drapes to keep sunlight out.
- Grill outside instead of using the oven or stove to help keep your kitchen cool.
- Maintain proper airflow by keeping interior doors and vents open to help air circulate.
- Clean or replace your A/C filter regularly to help your unit run more efficiently.
- Consider purchasing and installing a smart thermostat and you could save about 3 percent of your total energy costs, approximately $50 a year.
- Consider buying a new high-efficiency air conditioner if yours is more than 10 years old, needs frequent repairs and doesn’t keep your home cool.
If you would like to learn more about saving money, schedule an appointment with our team and we will make sure that your system is prepared for the summer heat!