Here in Florida where the humidity levels tend to be high, mold can be a serious problem for many households. Not only does mold have a foul odor, it can also be hazardous to your respiratory health. Mold reproduces by releasing millions of spores into the air, which can have a serious impact on the air quality in your home.
When you have a mold infestation, you should never try to get rid of it yourself. Not only does this pose a health hazard to you, but the mold will likely just grow back. When you have a mold problem in Wellington, FL, you should always call a professional mold remediation specialist. At Envirotech, we have the necessary equipment, training and licensing to perform complete mold remediation services in Wellington, FL.
Signs of Mold Growth
If you’re not sure if you have a mold problem, here are some of the signs.
- Musty odor – Mold has a distinct musty smell. If you start to notice that smell in your home, you should probably call for a mold inspection. You may also notice the smell when you turn on your heating or air conditioning system. This could mean that you have mold in your ducts.
- Allergies – Mold spores are often a source of allergic reactions for many people. If you start to notice that you are sneezing or coughing more often, it might be that mold has started to grow in your home.
- Water and moisture – If you have recently had a water leak, a burst pipe or flooding, there is a good chance that mold has started to grow. If your home was not properly cleaned, sanitized and dried after the water damage, mold can start to grow there.
- Moisture meter – This tool measures the moisture in porous materials in your home like wood, concrete and drywall. This helps our mold remediation specialists determine if the mold growth was a one-time event or if it persistent because of high moisture levels in your home.
- HEPA vacuums – HEPA filters are very strong filters that are designed to remove a large quantity of contaminants from the air.
- Humidity gauge – As its name implies, this device lets us measure the humidity in your home.
- Chemicals – At Envirotech, we use EPA registered cleaning agents to safely and responsibly remove the mold in your home.
Tools of Mold Remediation
If you have any questions about mold remediation in Wellington, FL, call Envirotech today!